About Melco Steel, Inc.
We are leaders in fabrications sectors
Founded in 1971 by a group of experienced pressure vessel designers and fabricators, Melco Steel, Inc. has grown to become a leader in the engineering, design and fabrication of Harris Quick Opening Doors, pressure vessels and autoclave systems.
Melco Steel autoclaves, pressure vessels and other related products are designed and manufactured in strict accordance with the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code, Section VIII, Division 1.
- Established 1971
- Small, minority owned business
- Located on 5 acre parcel
- Fabrication area under roof: 25,000 sq. ft.
- Additional outside fabrication area on property
- Engineering and administrative offices adjacent to fabrication area
- Near major ocean ports and railway
- Capacities to 8″ thick, 32′ diameter, 200′ long, 3000 psig, 1500°F
- $(2) 20 ton bridge cranes, 80 ft. span, 35 ft. under hook
- $(1) 14 ton hydraulic yard crane
- $400 ton crane capacity available
- $(1) Submerged twin-arc welding manipulator
- $(1) Submerged arc beam welding machine
- $(1) Submerged arc portable tractor
- $(3) Heli-arc welding machines
- $(15) Arc welding machines
- $(12) Sets tank turning rolls, capacities to 150 tons
- $(3) Welding positioners, up to 192" diameter
- $(1) Plasma arc machine
- $(2) oxygen-natural gas cutting stations
- $(1) Pentagraph shape burner
- $(2) 5000# fork lifts
- $(1) Boring mill
- $(1) Bridgeport mill
- $(2) 20" engine lathes
- $(2) Automatic band saws
- $(2) Radial arm drills